I have managed to process a few school calendars, the latest from Luke Tighe (Berners 77 to 82) - for which thanks, and a few things struck me:
- They were incredibly important - which is obvious really, but I never really thought about it till now; there is so much in life that one takes for granted.
- They are very full and detailed - and there were lots of activities going on.
- It must have taken a hell of a lot of planning and organisation to get them ready for the start of each term.
- I wonder who collated and designed them? I assume whoever was Deputy-Head at the time, as that would normally be his responsibility.
- Boys took great pleasure in doodling and graffitti-ing their calendars!!
What calendars we have can be found here: http://www.whs-archives.net/docs/calendars/def.htm
It would be really nice to ADD to the collection! WHICH of course is where YOU come in! There must be many more lurking in cupboards and drawers ......